1. Who is the last person you held hands with?
2. If you were drafted into a war, would you survive?
Yes. They'd put me in a secret installation somewhere breaking codes or writing software. WTF else would you do with a forty-year-old female software engineer with a math degree? Putting an M4A1 in my hands would be nuts.
4. Have you ever drank milk straight out of the carton?
Yes. And isn't it "have you ever drunk milk"? See, I got the snark part going!
5. Have you ever won a spelling bee?
Never been in one. I spell extremely well within my working vocabulary, which is very large (since I'm a reader and a nerd), but I don't have the Greek and Latin roots knowledge to allow me to spell the weird-ass words they use in bees. Another problem I'd have is that my spelling strategy is visual: I see a word then feel physically uncomfortable if it's misspelled. I'd have to find a way to adapt that, maybe through more explicit mental visualization.
7. How fast can you type?
8. Are you afraid of the dark?
9. Eye color?
11. When is the last time you chose a bath over a shower?
Every Sunday, I take an indulgent bath full of silly bath product. I usually bring a book to read.
12. Do you knock on wood?
No. I tend to be obnoxious about superstitions.
13. Are you drinking anything right now?
15. Can you hoola hoop?
Last time I tried, which was probably 30 years ago.
16. Are you good at keeping secrets?
17. What do you want for Christmas?
I don't know. Nothing, really.
18. Do you know the Muffin Man?
The one on Drury Lane? Never met him.
19. Do you talk in your sleep?
Not that anybody's ever told me.
20. Who wrote the book of love?
I'd like to shake his hand. Ha, ha. How many times has this question been answered that way?
21. Have you ever flown a kite?
Yes. I sang the Mary Poppins Disney song the whole time. No, actually, that was a lie.
23. Do you consider yourself successful?
24. How many people are on your contact list of your cell?
Couple hundred, because I imported my OS X address book, which includes my entire company. If I reduced it to numbers I actually call, it would probably drop to like 10 people.
25. Have you ever asked for a pony?
Yeah. In a meeting the other day, when we were discussing stuff we'd like to do for the next release, and people were suggesting really wildly improbable stuff that we are just never gonna do, I said I wanted a pony.
26. Plans for tomorrow?
28. Missing someone now?
29. When was the last time you told someone 'I love you'?
This morning. Husband.
31. How are you feeling today?
Okay. A little restless and dissatisfied.
32. Are you black?
Is this a question about morals or skin color? I count myself white in both.
33. Have you ever been suspended or expelled from school?
No. I got detention exactly once in high school. Minor senior prank in the last week of school did not sit well with the principal. Particular when my co-conspirator and I took the opportunity to lambaste him for not doing anything to the captain of the basketball team for the racist watermelon stunt he'd just pulled. Oh, the righteous fervor of youth.
34. What are you looking forward to?
My next BPAL order. I was hoping it would ship this week, but seems not. It includes a full bottle of Coyote. Mmmmmmmmm.
35. Have you ever crawled through a window?
Yes. While sneaking out of the house as a high school junior. I did that exactly once in my life. I was not caught.
37. Have you ever eaten dog food?
38. Can you handle the truth?
39. Do you like green eggs and ham?
I would not, could not.
40. What 3 things do you always bring w/ you to places?
Wallet, keys, phone.
41. Any cool scars?
Cool? No. I have a triangular scar on the bridge of my nose from where my father punched my glasses into my face.
42. Do you like or have a crush on anyone? Do they know?
43. How many kids do you plan on having?
It would be nice to have one.
44. What do you do when no one is watching?
Really everyone ought to answer this as "pick my nose", but I don't do that all that much. Talk to myself more than usual. Nap. Slack off. Write.
45. Have you ever been in love?
Yes. Strangely, though I'm married right now to a man I have an intense relationship with, I would not describe myself as "in love". Not at the moment. That intense giddy hormone rush is something that can't last long. It settles into something longer-lived that does better coping with snoring.
46. Do you talk to yourself?
Yes, all the time. Especially while programming.
47. Is there something you want that you can't have?
Lots of things. So many things, and most of them not object-things, but concept-things. Like peace. An end to pointless starvation and illness. And end to fundamentalist religions.
48. Three things about the preferred sex that you first notice?
Age, expression on the face, hands. Assuming the question is asking about what I notice in the first moments after meeting someone. If it's asking about what I notice when performing a more leisurely evaluation, it would be age, intelligence, overlap with my interests & tastes.
49. Who are you thinking about right now?
Who? Duh, myself, since I'm answering all these stupid questions. Uh, that was sort of a surly reply, wasn't it.
50. Who did you last hug?
51. Where is your phone?
Right front jeans pocket.
52. What was the last thing you ate?
Bagel with jalapeño cream cheese for lunch.
54. Favorite Color?
55. What is the last movie watched?
56. What song do you currently hear?
Wiliam Orbit, "Water from a vine leaf"
57. What do you want?
I want to stop running around like a man late for an appointment, afraid to look forward or look back... I want it all back, the way that it was. Does that answer your question?
58. Have you ever been fishing?
Yes. Trout fishing, in streams in Vermont.
59. Ever date anyone on your friends list?
Never met anyone on my friends list in person.
60. What TV Show are you watching?
None. I am at work. I could watch Buffy, since I ripped a bunch of season 3 from DVD to my disk.
61. What's your favorite song as of the moment?
Coldplay "Fix You" mashed with Armin van Buuren "Zocalo". Been on heavy rotation for a couple of months now.
62. Are you registered with a political party?
Yes. But not an organized one. (V v old joke.)
63. When was the last time you gave someone the finger?
The other day in the office, as a joke.
64. If given edible undies, would you be tempted to try them out?
65. What's your favorite conspiracy theory?
That the CIA killed JFK.
66. At what temperature do you eat fresh fruit?
Uh, whatever temperature it arrives at. Usually room temp, but hot from the sun and freshly picked is great too. Cold, not so great.
67. What do you watch/listen to while getting ready in the morning?
This question was written by somebody who watches way more television than I do. Nothing.
68. Why do you fill out these surveys?
69. Is there something that you'd hate for your family to discover about you if you died today?
The drawer with the sex toys would probably not go over well.
70. What's one bad habit that you have?
Every night I like to have a little glass of bourbon or single malt. Generally a tiny amount, not a full shot, but I do like my snort. It's one of the things I'm most annoyed to give up when I go into trying to get pregnant mode.