- Wrote 3000 words of story outline. Plot-focused. Am tempted to revise the outline, but I think I'm going to write the 5000-word introductory section before I do so.
- Designed pleasingly strict organizing principle for story, which can help when I'm stuck and be ignored when I'm on fire.
- Wrote little script that tells me what my current word count means for future writing. Sample output:
citroen:~> progress.py 0
31 days until 2009-04-12. 0% complete.
You must write 967 words per day.
- Did the Crossfit Jackie. Well, okay, not strictly fannish, but wonderfully mind-clearing.
Things to do next:
- Rewatch "The Gift". Anticipatory wince.
- Dig books on medieval life from shelves. I think I know where they all are.
- Answer comments/emails from yesterday.
- Pay for Constrict membership. Book hotels for Constrict & WriterCon.
- Eat a late lunch. Possibly with martinis.
Random: How about a nice rousing story of a diamond heist to enliven your day?